In-View/Slide In Box Recipe
This Recipe watches for a specified element on the page to be scrolled into or out of view. When that happens, it displays content loaded from a specified URL in a box that slides in from the side of the page. The box may be dismissed to view the content underneath it. It will slide back into view only if the tracking element is scrolled back out of view, and then into view again.
This Recipe is particularly useful for drawing attention to a desired action as a visitor nears the end of a page. For example, it may be used to display a subscription form, sharing buttons, or related links at the bottom of a blog post.
- URL of Content Source: the URL from which to load the content. This should be the URL of an HTML fragment, not a complete HTML page.
- Side: indicate whether to slide in from the right or left.
- Vertical Position: indicate how to position the box vertically -- with respect to the top or bottom of the page, and how far. The distance should be specified using CSS syntax.
- Width: the width of the content area of the box.
- Trigger: the ID of the element to watch for, and whether to watch for it to scroll into or out of view. By default, if any part of the element is in view, the box will slide in. You may update the settings to trigger based on the visibility of either the top or bottom after applying the Recipe.