The Click Trigger detects mouse clicks that match the specified criteria.
- Target Element ID: if you specify a target element ID, only clicks to that element will be detected, and the Trigger will fire whenever it is clicked.
- Tests: if you don't specify a target element ID, any clicks matching the test criteria specified will fire the Trigger.
Many of these give you the options of triggering when the test does not match,
- Test Subgroup: use this if you wish to test multiple criteria.
- External Link: matches if the link points to a page that is not on the same domain as the current page.
- Link to Domain: matches links to a specific domain name.
- Link to URL: matches links to an exact URL.
- Clicked Tag is: matches if the name of the HTML tag that was clicked or any enclosing tag matches the specified name (eg. <img ...> <h1>, etc.)
- Clicked Element Has Attribute: matches if the clicked element, or any enclosing element, has the attribute named.
- Clicked Element's Attribute Matches: matches if the clicked element, or any enclosing element, has the attribute named and its value matches the specified value.
- Clicked Element Has Attribute, But Doesn't Match: matches if the clicked element, or any enclosing element, has the attribute named but its value does not match the specified value.
- Clicked Element's Content Contains: matches if the content of the clicked element, or any enclosing element, contains the specified text.
- Clicked Element's Content Equals: matches if the full content of the clicked element, or any enclosing element, exactly matches any of one or more lines of text. Only single lines of text may be tested.
- Cancel Click? Stops propagation of the click event if the tests match. This will prevent clicked links from being followed.
- Sticky Trigger: if not set, then this Trigger is only considered triggered during the handling of the click event. If set, then this Trigger will be considered triggered any time during or after the handling of the click event.
- Maximum Times: the maximum number of times that this Trigger will fire before it ignores all future events. The counter resets when the page is reloaded. If set to a negative value, it will fire an unlimited number of times.